My Last Word on WCS

It is time to move on to other issues that are more important. My position on the current state of Faction Warfare in Low Sec is well known. The issue is about much more than a single module, as I've explained before on numerous posts. Warp Core Stabilizers just happen to be a handy mechanic to point to in order to illustrate a point about bad gameplay mechanics. WCS on their own are neither positive or negative, they only happen to be broken. Potentially great gameplay is present within the FW system and I continue to hope that gameplay will be unlocked in the near future. To the benefit of everyone that loves Low Sec.

As I've learned over the years fighting for Frills, Memorials, Hats and numerous other issues within Eve and our Community - it is far easier to get something talked about by using a simple, easy to understand device to illustrate your point. The Frills on the Vagabond were not about the Frills on the Vagabond, it was about CCP respecting the heritage of the game. The Player Memorial wasn't about a Player Memorial (although that was important) as much as it was about CCP respecting their players. And Hats are not really about Hats, and more about over-priced merchandise and thinking outside the box when it comes to customization. Which will eventually lead to Ship Skins and player created logos on ships and clothes.

The same is true of WCS. This issue isn't really "about" WCS, as much as it is about a mechanic that could be much, much better. About a section of space that often gets overlooked because of the attention Null Sec gets. And if you happen to be a Low Sec dweller and advocate, like me, then you know exactly what I am talking about. I've said this before, but it bears repeating, this is not about the module - but about the environment in which a player feels it is ok to fit their entire low slot rack with that module.

I had the chance at Fanfest to speak with several people at CCP about this environment and I can assure you that at no point did the words, "You need to ban WCS" come from me. Because this isn't about actually banning a module, it is about better gameplay. And better gameplay for Pirates and Faction War pilots. Not one over the other. I want Low Sec to be a vibrant, engaged, awesome place for ALL of us to play. That is my only goal. And it also happens to be the goal of all those I talked to about it. In particular, Masterplan and I had a great conversation about these issues and I feel we see eye to eye on potential outcomes. Many of which are already in the works.

So I feel rather confident in closing the book on this issue. Whatever you think about what I've just said, changes will be coming. And no, those changes won't be the sudden and mysterious disappearance of a module from the game. That was never my intention. My intention from the very beginning was to get people talking and to raise awareness by having fun, causing trouble and making funny posts about an important issue.

Which, as usual, has worked extremely well.

I'm not going to stop doing this. I love Eve and I want nothing more than for it to be as great as it can be. As long as I feel that way, I will keep beating the drums for changes that need to be made.

Like it or not, that is just part of who I am. And I ain't changing.