The Gnosis Pilot


So yesterday this happened.

Which would make for a great story all on its own. But, as with many things in Eve, the story rarely ends when the ship explodes. Normally I tend to stay away from naming names here, but since the killmail is linked it seems rather pointless.

Titus Balls > Hey thanks for the bounty - now I am a real pirate YHAAARRRRR
Inge Hatje > Don't flatter yourself. You're a wanker. Real pirates have honor.

Titus Balls > We discussed as a group and we all agreed your fit was terrible. If you would like we could show you a better fit? To be honest taking that fitting out of service was the best thing we could do. Like taking a sick budgie to the vet to end it's misery, so really we did you a favour.

Inge Hatje > I was fitted for rats, not sociopaths.
Titus Balls > We're just rats with better AI

Inge Hatje > So what was wrong with my fit? I think it was probably okay if I stayed in High-sec. I haven't got the skills to outfit a ship that could take on 3 pirates. Plus killing my pod is too extreme. If you guys were smart you would hold someone in place and send them a contract for protection.
Titus Balls > Yea if we were smart. But we're also here to kick ass and chew bubblegum - and this is lowsec, there is no bubblegum.

Inge Hatje > Demand a percentage of anything they find. Plus a fee to enter. You could be big guys in your space, but now your just bullies. You would get plenty of kills from people that won't pay up. or can't.
Titus Balls > YOU CALLING ME FAT? I have a gladular problem :(
Inge Hatje > Are Bullies fat where you hail from?

Inge Hatje > See, I won't be back into your space now. But you could have milked me for months.
Titus Balls > Well that brain is now splattered all over our system - oh well
Inge Hatje > Once. I will never be back. Killed the golden goose.
Titus Balls > I feel ripped off I onyl got a 100m bounty
Inge Hatje > That's all I gave Bruno Bagden. He just had a high bounty already.You guys don't seem to have a real game plan. Need a manager?
Titus Balls > That's ok - you dont' seem to have a concept of money in this game judging by your fit and implants and comign into lowsec with - i'd be worried you spend it all on blingy ships for us to fly
Inge Hatje > You know how to fit ships. I wouldn't interfere with that.But couldn't you use somebody without a bounty or wanted sign to scan ships before they enter your space?
Titus Balls > BTW you know you could have put a bounty on the whole corp instead of just me and Bogdan? Nope - we jump in feet first and hope for the best it's the best way really

Inge Hatje > I don't have a problem with the corp. But no I didn't.You guys are more concerened about your bounties than making ISK.
Titus Balls > That's why we're lowsec pirates
Inge Hatje > Is there a single ship that can survive a wolf-pack? You weren't taking any chances with me. I didn't arrive to fight, anyway.Pirates want to be rich. You need another term.
Titus Balls > Yea a better fit Gnosis
Inge Hatje > You think a better fit Gnosis would have repelled you all?
Titus Balls > You could come back and try
Inge Hatje > I've only been on less than 30 days. I don't have the skills to outfit a better Gnosis. I think I did pretty good for a noob.
Titus Balls > Don't fly them, fly frigates and smaller ships - not blingy ships
Inge Hatje > Blingy? I had like one module that I was trying out. The rest were power. At least the best power I'm allowed to buy.
Titus Balls > OK, protip - I've been playing this game on and off for 5-6 years now - I don't buy Faction fittings You definetly shouldn't before 30 days - or you'll be a target for the likes of us
Inge Hatje > I agree.
Titus Balls > train up T2 small ships up to cruiser, stick to lvl 3's and hi-sec plexing for a while - you'll do fine there if you want to PvP - don't fly expensive ships because you'll die a lot
nge Hatje > But the faction fittings I used were rated the same as a level two items I wasn't qualified for.
Titus Balls > Stick to meta 4 at the most, for the most part most of us fit T2 and meta
Inge Hatje > Yes, I was surprised to see frigates, honestly.
Titus Balls > If one part of your ship costs more than the rest of your whole ship at this level, you're doing ti wrong TBH one could have probabyl taken you out with that fitting
nge Hatje > I just can't tank a frigate p[roperly yet skillwise.
itus Balls > then you definetly shouldn't be in lowsec
Inge Hatje > I was just jumping on a mission. Went through to the first astroid belt, killed some rats and then one of you showed up and I ran.
Inge Hatje > I appreciate your advice.
Titus Balls > Yea, watch where a mission sends you,and rememebr you're still not safe in hisec either - but you'll be more safe there
Inge Hatje > My first gank was in 1.0 space.Lost a billion and a half.
Titus Balls > ........
Inge Hatje > Want to know how I was ganked?
Inge Hatje > The criminal was a -10 security.He can travel through highsec space as long as he is in a capsule.
Titus Balls > k, well i'm going to go now - got pirating to do.  Please please stop spending so much.....or please continue and drop by again, we'd love you see you
Titus Balls > Stay Frosty o7
Inge Hatje > Hi alt or an accomplise tows a ship to a gate. When the right ship comes along he enters the towed ship, jumps ahead of the mark and blasts them as soon as they come out of stealth.
Titus Balls > yep that'll happen


Kudos to Titus for handling that convo exactly the right way, well done. There is a very fine line between being a pirate and also being helpful. Nicely done.

So Mr. Gnosis puts bounties on some of the pilots in the attacking gang. I think he probably did this while he was still extremely angry because the values are across the board. From 1m, to 100m and...

From: Inge Hatje
Sent: 2013.09.03 22:16
To: Mixu Paatelainen, 

Somebody can't count. He is over 1 billion right now.

Yeah, that happened.

He wanted Mixu to kill his Corp mates to collect the bounty. I believe he was slightly confused over how bounties actually work in Eve:

From: Inge Hatje
Sent: 2013.09.03 22:21
To: Mixu Paatelainen, 

You have until 23:15 to kill them or my bounty will be retracted.

Mixu tried to gain his trust and get him back into system, but the lines of communication seem to have collapsed around the time he figured out that bounties can't be retracted.

I was waiting to write this post in case anything further came of this, but it seems to be finished now. If anything develops, I'll let you know.

And kids, just a reminder. We are pirates and we love bounties. Putting a bounty on a Pirate does nothing but make that Pirate feel better about himself. The only person that notices is the person that has the bounty. I have never once paid any attention to a pilot's bounty until I get that notification from Concord telling me what I've won.