Walking In Station Pneumonia

Christmas night I got hit hard by the flu, wham-o!! This effectively knocked me out of the Holiday spirit for four straight days of misery, coughing, snot producing, shivering burning, blah blahs. But I fought, as usual, without giving a single thought to seeing a Doctor or taking actual prescription meds. For me, traditionally, the flu is like a 3-4 day misery, nothing serious, then fine.


This one wouldn't go away, even after I got better. I ain't stupid, just tougher than nails. But even I know when I need help. At first the Doctors thought I had Walking Pneumonia, but it turns out it was a badass case of Bronchitis instead. I'm on meds now and feeling much better.


I don't get sick, but when I do, I do it right. The last time was about six years ago when I was sick for an entire month. The Doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, poor things. Eventually it was just killer meds, soup and time that healed me then. In my house we refer to that sickness as the "time I had SARS" cause that' was the hot sickness back then.


You know it's bad when the Doctor looks at your chest x-ray and says, "Huh, never seen that before."


I mention all this to let you know I'm back. And to give you some idea of what it takes to keep me away. My life is incredibly complicated, but it has always been incredibly complicated. Because that is exactly the way I like it. I always laugh when people used to say I could never keep up the pace here on Eveoganda. And while burn-out is always a possibility, I mean seriously, how am I supposed to know exactly how long Eve will interest me?  Writing in this blog, doing art, helping the community... in my life these are the fun things I get to do.


Heads up. There are some changes coming to the Eve Blog Pack this week. We'll be adding a few new blogs and there may be some other changes. Today I had to remove one of the EBP Blogs over concerns it may have been compromised, I'm waiting to hear from the author on that.


Happy New Year my friends. The start of the third year of Eveoganda!!!