Shooting Womp Rats

Captain's Quarters are coming soon, if you haven't read about it yet please take a moment to LEARN MORE.


When I was reading this an image came to mind that I'd like to share with you momentarily.  But first let us back-track a bit to remind ourselves that the biggest question regarding Incarna, at least to my mind, has always been the... well, the wtf?  Why?  What is the point, the purpose, the goal, the reason to walk around in the first place within a internet spaceship game?


So back to my mind and its insane conjures.


Suddenly it came to me.  I understand the point of these Captain's Quarter things.  I imagine Rixx lounging on his couch, fondly remembering when these moments were spent idly spinning his ship around and around, when suddenly and without warning a HUGE ASS RAT runs across the room!!  Does Rixx panic?  Of course not, because he has the new Sansha Blaster Rifle on the table next to the couch.  He grabs his gun, takes careful aim and BLAMMO!!  One dead rat.  And 500isk in his wallet.


Now we can rat in station AND outside the station!


I'm being silly on purpose to make a freakin' point.  Because here we are, years and years later, and we are starting to see real concrete details about walking around in stations and we still don't have a clue as to why.


It looks awesome.  I'm guessing that each race has it's own themed rooms?  Funny, as horribly rich as Rixx is that he couldn't afford a much, much nicer place... but still, looks nice and purty and all.  But if it really is optional, then why do it?  Oh I'm sure someone has a gosh darn good reason for all of this, I just wish they'd give us a slight hint.


As always I'm willing to give CCP the benefit of the doubt and go along for the ride they are building in front of us.  And if all it is is a cool spot to hang out in AFKLand, then that's fine with me.  But if that is all it is, then I can't help but be bummed.


What are your thoughts?  Looking forward to blasting Womp-Rats in station?




Looks like I'm not the only one asking these questions.