Revenge. And other factors.

I'm not a roleplayer.  I don't even take the game that seriously, despite the blog and everything else which might lead you to believe differently.  I like to "play" Eve and have fun.  We've talked about this before, so I won't bore you with it again.  


On the other hand.  I do take my game play seriously, I do want to be the best player I can be.  I'd like to be good at what I am doing in-game and constantly strive to improve.


I like to laugh, skip and frolic.  Ok, not really, I just said that cause this was getting silly.  Back on track I promise.  Take all that into account and the thing is... I hold grudges.  Big time.


There are pilots, corps and even entire Alliances that I would enjoy seeing explode a million times under my guns.  Pilots that stole from a Corp I was in at the time, pilots that did me wrong, Corps that went out of their way to hurt me or the Corp I was in at the time, and Alliances that pwned Alliances that I was in at the time.  I say all that with a smile on my face.  It isn't personal at all, but it sure do make the game more fun to play.


It's good to have bad guys.  Even if they aren't really bad guys.  But within the context of the game, they are red to me.  And being red to me makes you the enemy.  The enemy that I want to see blow up, go away, or be destroyed.  More than anything else I want that.  I will do whatever it takes to make that happen.  And I won't stop.  To me, that is the core element that keeps bringing me back to this crazy mixed up universe.  I am a soldier and that's what I do.


So yes, our current campaign against the forces of AAA is pure revenge for me.  AAA has been the enemy since I started playing Eve and first came down to zero, most of that time they were a well respected enemy, the kind of reds you love to hate.  They respected 1v1s, they played the game well and they loved a good fight.  We had something unique there for a long time, staring at each other across the F9E/SV5 divide.  I knew it was special at the time and since it has been destroyed nothing like it has emerged.  And while we provoked our own destruction and we certainly deserved everything they did to us, that doesn't change the fact that I want them to pay for it.


Again, with a smile on my face.


As a player I don't really care one way or the other.  But Rixx does.  As an Alliance -A- doesn't care what Rixx thinks, and they shouldn't.  Heck, none of their pilots should care either.  It isn't about that.  It's personal to one loan pilot that can't really do much about any of it.  A pawn in the chess game of sov warfare.  A lone ship adding his dmg to the swarms of ships flying to and fro.  Yep, that's the reality of it.  What I think and how I feel as Rixx doesn't add up to much at all.


Except to me.