Pirates Are People Too

One of the reasons I started this blog was to have the opportunity to interact with my fellow Eve pilots and players in an "out-of-game" manner, mostly based on my love of art and graphic design.  In just a few short months I've managed to accomplish much of what I started out to accomplish.  For that I owe a debt of gratitude for all of you that have stopped by to read, comment and sometimes ask for my help in different ways.  Thank you.

Ouch.  I just realized the above paragraph sounded a lot like one of those "but" posts, you know the ones I mean.  "But, I'm sorry to report that I won't be..." fill in the rest.  I can assure you that the opposite is actually the case.  I ain't stopping, in fact I'm only just getting started.

I am way behind in my art commission work and to all those patiently waiting, please hang in there.  The last few weeks haven't gone exactly as I planned, with the move out of Providence up to Geminate and then back down to Scalding Pass and then out to The Spire... plus a long-delayed personal vacation (my first in five years!) time has been a bit hard to come by.  But I am working through the pile I promise.  The other thing that I promise is this, it'll be worth the wait.  I never hurry anything.  I am a perfectionist and I strive to give each project the attention it deserves, no matter how small.

For the latest example please visit Nassh Kadavr's Eve Blog and check out his new banner and Bastards Poster!  Even though Nashh is a scum sucking Pirate, he is an awesome guy and it was a true pleasure to work with him.  In-game I might shot him on sight, but out of game he is a great dude.  He probably is one in-game also, but he is a Pirate.  In addition to what you see on his post, Nashh and I also worked together on another project, but I'll wait for him to reveal what that was.  Suffice to say the man did me the great honor of asking me for something I have never done before... which is a rare thing believe me.

He also managed to surprise me last night when he asked me to participate in his Celebrity Deathmatch!  Frankly I was shocked.  To quote Zaphod's Doctor, "I'm just this guy, y'know?"

I was honored to accept, despite my adverse reaction to the word "celebrity" in conjunction with me.  (Sounds silly doesn't it?)  However, I take the invitation seriously and will have to give some consideration to the match.  It might take some time to organize, Nashh being a nasty Pirate is a bit limited in his travel options and I am way the heck out in the middle of nowhere null space, but we'll work out the logistics.  More details as the match approaches.

In the meantime, any suggestions on what types of ships we should battle in?  This requires some thought.