Introducing EVEOGANDA!

I'm an artist and I play Eve On-line. If you are not familiar with Eve then I suggest you visit this link. Eve is an MMORG, a Massive Multi-player On-line Role Playing Game that at any one time can have upwards of 50,000 people from around the world playing together at once. It is also an Internet Spaceship game. A complete waste of time and horribly addicting. I actually don't get to play much, but I try to grab some time here and there.

It also happens to be an incredibly beautiful experience. The 3D graphics, the environments, ships and other things to be found within Eve are amazing. As an artist, a writer, a brand builder and an advertiser my interest in Eve is purely from the fan's perspective. But about a year ago I started wondering if I could combine the multiple aspects of my interests into Eve somehow. At first it started as a simple desire to take some of the art from the game and incorporate it into simple relationships. But that quickly evolved into something else. Now I create an on-going series of pieces under the guise of the "Minister of Propaganda" for one of the game's many Alliances. If you're not familiar with the game, it is pretty hard to explain. Players form groups called Corporations, Corporations form groups called Alliances. These Alliances can hold Star Systems, in which they mine and produce industry and must also defend against other Alliances. That's the quick version.

As the artwork I produced started to add up I began to think about putting it somewhere, and that is where this blog comes in. A place to put the art I do for Eve and a place to talk about the game, how the art came to be, and anything else I can think of. We'll see how it goes.

Drake Size Chart

One of the first pieces I did was the above "Size Relationship" of the Caldari Drake. Within the game itself it is difficult to get an idea of the size of your ship in relation to the real world. All you have to compare it to is other objects within the game. Luckily, each ship does come with a size and it was easy enough to convert that to something that I could identify with. In this case an American Football field. I took that a step further in another similar chart I did, but I'll leave that to another time.

You can view a larger version of the image HERE.